Gum Tissue Grafts Near You
You shouldn’t be alarmed if your periodontist or dentist has told you that a gum graft is required. Even though “gum surgery” has a frightening term, the process is not as scary as it sounds. To protect your teeth from the damaging effects of gum recession or to improve the appearance of your smile, you might need a gum graft.
Gum recession is a condition in which the tissue around teeth progressively recedes, exposing more of the tooth or its foundation and perhaps rupturing nearby bone. But over time, a visible tooth root can become unsightly and cause tooth sensitivity, especially when eating hot or cold foods. Gum recession has been linked to tooth loss if left untreated.
To fix the damage and avoid more dental issues, a gum tissue graft might be recommended. Here is everything you need to know about the gum grafting procedure.
What is Gum Grafting?
Gum grafting is a specialized dental procedure designed to treat gum recession, a common condition that can result from various factors, including periodontal disease, aggressive tooth brushing, or simply due to genetics. When gums recede, they expose the tooth roots, making teeth appear longer and leaving them vulnerable to sensitivity and potential damage.
At Richmond Dental Clinic, our experienced team of SW Calgary dentists offers state-of-the-art gum grafting procedures near you to restore your gum health and enhance the aesthetics of your smile.
Periodontal Disease: Advanced gum disease can lead to the loss of gum tissue.
Genetics: Some individuals may be predisposed to gum recession due to their genetic makeup.
Aggressive Brushing: Brushing too hard can contribute to gum tissue wear.
Poor Oral Hygiene: Neglecting oral hygiene can result in gum problems.
Signs You May Need Gum Grafting
- Tooth Sensitivity
- Visible tooth roots
- Bleeding gums
- Loose teeth
Why Choose Richmond Dental Clinic for Gum Grafting?
Experienced and Skilled Team
Our dental professionals at Richmond Dental Clinic have extensive experience in performing gum grafts in SW Calgary. We stay updated on the latest techniques and use state-of-the-art technology to ensure optimal results for our patients.
Personalized Treatment Plans
We recognize that each patient is unique, with individual dental requirements and distinct oral health needs. Our team will assess your specific condition and create a personalized treatment plan tailored to restore your gum health effectively.
Your comfort is our priority. We strive to create a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere at Richmond Dental Clinic, ensuring a positive experience during your gum graft procedure.
We provide thorough post-operative care instructions to promote a smooth recovery process. Our team is always available to address any concerns or questions you may have after the procedure.
Benefits of Gum Grafting
- Improved Aesthetics: Gum grafting enhances the appearance of your smile by restoring a natural, even gumline.
- Reduced Sensitivity: Exposed tooth roots can cause sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures. Gum grafting helps cover these roots, reducing sensitivity.
- Prevention of Further Recession: The procedure helps prevent future gum recession and preserves the integrity of the supporting structures around your teeth.
At Richmond Dental Clinic, our experienced team of periodontists and dental professionals will assess your unique needs and create a personalized treatment plan. We utilize advanced techniques and the latest technology to ensure a comfortable and effective experience.
Types of Gum Grafts
- Connective Tissue Graft: This is the most common grafting procedure, where a small piece of tissue is taken from the roof of the mouth and stitched to the affected area.
- Free Gingival Graft: Tissue is directly taken from the roof of the mouth and attached to the recipient site without creating a flap.
- Pedicle Graft: Tissue is borrowed from the surrounding gum, minimizing the need to take tissue from the palate.
What to Expect
- Consultation: Our team will conduct a thorough examination, discuss your concerns, and create a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
- Procedure: The gum grafting procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia to ensure your comfort.
- Recovery: You may experience some initial discomfort, but our team will provide detailed post-operative instructions to facilitate a smooth recovery.
- Follow-Up: We’ll schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure optimal healing.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’re experiencing signs of gum recession or are concerned about the aesthetics of your smile, contact Richmond Dental Clinic to schedule a consultation. Our expert team will assess your needs and develop a personalized treatment plan to restore your gum health and rejuvenate your smile.
Maintaining your dental health and confidence shouldn’t be impacted by gum recession. Trust Richmond Dental Clinic for exceptional gum grafting services in Richmond.
American Academy of Periodontology: “Soft Tissue Grafts,” “Periodontal Surgery: What Can I Expect?”
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health: “Periodontal (Gum) Disease: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments.”
Columbia University Medical Center, School of Dental & Oral Surgery: “Soft-Tissue Grafts,” “Maintenance Therapy.”
CDC: “Oral Health.”
Bruce A. Edelstein, DDS, Atlanta.